- Define the single seizure & review the prognosis for recurrences following the single seizure
- Review the evidence on risk of seizure recurrences following AED withdrawal
- Highlight the practical aspects of AED withdrawal and monitoring
- Recognize the importance of differentiating epileptic from non epileptic mimickers
- Review the options for management for a selected pediatric epilepsy syndromes
- Outline the current management of convulsive and non convulsive status epilepticus.
- To recognize the importance of identifying patients at risk to suffer sudden unexplained death of epilepsy (SUDEP)
- Explain the relationship between hormone levels and seizures activity during reproductive years
- Identify treatment options for women with epilepsy and in the elderly
- Physicians in the neuroscience field
- Healthcare professionals interested in the field of Epilepsy
- Professor Emilio Perucca
- President of International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE)
- Professor Eugen Trinka
- President of the Austrian Chapter of the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE)
14.5 CME Hours (category 1). Accreditation under process.
Tickets for the ELAE Congress Dinner can be requested up to one week before the congress at a rate of AED 325.